Consultant Kiri Johnston
Date posted 28 July 2022auckland general-mgt-consultancy/operations-management 2022-07-31 2022-09-26 insurance Auckland Auckland NZ Pinnacle Life https://www.pinnaclelife.co.nz/ https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/pinnacle-life-rw.gif
About the company: Pinnacle Life aims to be the leading online life insurer in Aotearoa (New Zealand), making it easier for Kiwi’s to understand, buy and manage their life and living insurance needs. They keep value and affordability at the forefront of everything they do. Pinnacle Life believe in the products they sell and that they meet the needs of their customers. They have a deep passion to help their customers in the best way they can and provide insurance that is accessible and easy. Pinnacle Life come alongside people and help them understand what needs protecting. They deliver on their promises, providing a safety net to their customers and protecting them when they need it the most, with an effortless, efficient and effective approach. Over the years, Pinnacle Life has been recognised both locally and internationally for their innovative approach and passion for creating great customer experiences.
About the role:
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing key operational aspects of the business, developing and maintaining operational policies and procedures, including HR, supplier and contract management policies, and managing the Operations team which includes Customer Sales & Service and Compliance.
This role also has accountability for managing and enhancing the risk management framework for the business. This also includes accountability for ensuring compliance with RBNZ and FMA requirements and guidelines, developing and managing the risk management and compliance framework for the business, ensuring that health and safety frameworks and policies are managed and effectively maintained, and that this is reflected through into the culture of the business.
The Operations Manager has responsibility for the day to day operational management of the business, as well as driving a culture of continuous improvement around business effectiveness. This role will be expected to support business growth by contributing to or leading projects or initiatives that deliver business results and align with business strategy.
- Develop and lead a continuous improvement programme, designed to improve the customer experience and business effectiveness.
- Provide support and assistance to other management to ensure that any need for legal advice is recognised, ensure a process for accessing legal consultation exists.
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team, including regularly reviewing performance, setting targets and identifying training and development needs. This includes recruitment of new team members as required.
- Deliver to the agreed business plan and budget for their key areas of responsibility. Ensure any significant departures from plan are understood, reported and resolved if necessary.
- Manage contract relationships with suppliers.
- Provide technical and business expertise to new business development opportunities, both in terms of product and operational management.
- Develop and manage a compliance framework to ensure compliance with legislation, regulations and guidelines including, focusing on but not limited to the RBNZ, FMA and Companies office.
- Develop and manage the risk framework for the business including cyber risk.
- Proven track record in developing and managing innovative product solutions which meet the needs of the market
- Experience in developing and managing risk management frameworks and policies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in middle / senior management roles within the insurance industry.
- Experience in developing and managing operational strategies that drive business performance, with continuous improvement experience being preferable
- Proven track record at developing and influencing strategic relationships with external stakeholders, including industry, regulatory and supplier communities
What’s in it for you:
If you’re passionate about helping people and want the opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the beginning of its growth, then this is the role for you. Staff are at the centre of the organisation, and customers are at the centre of the business. Enjoy fantastic company benefits including insurance packages, flexible working and monthly drinks nights and be part of a team who are passionate about what they do and pride themselves on being there for their customers when they need it most.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Kiri Johnston on 09 374 7300.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 4 August 2022Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, you will play an integral role in the growth and development of sustainability within the organisation, helping them become more resilient and efficient.