Director of Review and Improvement Services - Central
Location North IslandFULL_TIME
Consultant Samantha Stevens
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-16 education-and-training 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, this role is key to integrating regional and nationwide initiatives and ensuring collaboration across the organisation and with the sector. Based out of the Hamilton, Napier or Wanganui offices, you will be responsible for the central North Island region.
The Education Review Office (ERO) is at the forefront of promoting equity and driving improvement in our education system through its programme of institutional reviews, and its national research and evaluation programme.
ERO aims to ensure that New Zealanders have confidence in our schools and early learning services and to lift performance in those areas and for those providers that need it most. Independent and objective monitoring by ERO is critical to the integrity of the education system.
The Director of Review and Improvement Services oversees a programme of school and Early Learning Services reviews to support improvement in educational outcomes for all learners.
Based out of the Hamilton, Napier or Wanganui offices, you will be responsible for the central North Island region.
- Providing leadership of review services across the Region
- Ensuring that the Region delivers its allocation of the work programme within the operating Budget and optimising resource.
- Ensuring appropriate systems and processes are in place to ensure consistency and quality of all aspects of the Region’s evaluation and review programme
- Developing the capability and capacity of the Review and Improvement Managers
- Working with peers across regional boundaries to establish review programmes which require Review and Improvement teams to be sourced from multiple regions
- Fully participating as a member of the Review and Improvement Services Leadership team and contributing to the national strategy
- Managing external relationships with other educational agencies in the sector, with stakeholders and with iwi.
- Proven leadership experience
- Sound understanding of education evaluation theory and practice
- Knowledge of the pre-tertiary education sector in New Zealand, including understanding of pedagogy, curriculum and assessment, and the needs of diverse learners
- Relationship and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the development, coaching, motivating and managing of high performing teams
- A good understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications for the education sector and the work of the Office
Applications for this role with close Sunday 2 September 2018.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Samantha Stevens on 09 374 7311.