GM Human Resources
Salary competitive package
Consultant Amy Martin
Date posted 22 November 2016
As a member of the New Zealand leadership team (NZLT), this role is responsible for creating and implementing strategic HR initiatives that support the growth and profitability of the business. The function provides HR, OH&S, payroll, training and development advice and tools to facilitate the effective management of human resources across the business network, distribution centres and support office.
- Provide ‘hands on’ leadership and direction to the HR, recruitment and employment branding, payroll, administration, training and development team
- Work synergistically with the HR team in GPC Asia Pacific to achieve best practise HR outcomes for the New Zealand business while aligning as closely as possible with GPC HR strategies
- Work closely with Group OH&S to development and execute OH&S initiatives that create a proactive OH&S culture to minimize work related injuries and see a 10% reduction in work related injuries versus actual per annum
- Provide coaching, advice and guidance to managers and the HR Advisors on the interpretation and implementation of employee relations matters
- Champion and lead all change management processes within the business including structure changes and redundancies
- We want a professional, down to earth team player!
- The business operates in a fast paced and low/best cost environment and is positioned for tremendous growth, including acquisitions, a strategy supported by its parent, Genuine Parts Company. As such, this role requires a highly commercial ‘hands on’ leader who can operate in and on the business. The role incumbent must be able to operate cross functionally and effectively engage with key stakeholders at all levels of the business
Work alongside the Executive GM and other senior stakeholders, contribute and lead at the same level. Extremely rewarding opportunity!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Amy Martin on 09 374 7347.