Senior HR Advisor
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Amy Martin
Date posted 2 March 2017
Work for a rapidly-expanding pharmaceutical company with a reputation for high manufacturing standards, quality products and outstanding client service. Consistently ranked as one of NZ’s top performing companies!
The purpose of this role is to assist with the day-to-day delivery of HR services to the business. The Senior HR Advisor will deliver proactive advice on generalist HR matters, including performance, engagement and employment relations matters. They will also coach line managers to build their capability and confidence so they can effectively lead their people and make quality decisions to achieve business goals.
- Provide generalist advice to line managers, including performance reviews, performance management, disciplinary procedures, industrial relations (union member issues) to ensure that the relationship between the company, management and employees is managed appropriately
- When required, lead ER meetings such as disciplinaries
- Where appropriate attend and support the Company at mediation and employment relations hearings
- Assist with the implementation of HR programmes, processes and practices including ensuring line managers understand and effectively implement positive people practices
- Assist in building a high-performance culture by delivering programmes that recognise and reward critical skills, capabilities, experience and performance, and ensure that reward systems are market-based, equitable and cost-effective
- Minimum 5 years generalist HR experience ideally at Advisor level or Senior Advisor level
- Working knowledge of best practice employee relations processes
- Sound knowledge of Employment Relations Act, Human Rights Act and Privacy Act legislation
- Analysis and reporting skills are desirable
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of workplace health and safety practices
- Excellent written and spoken English
Work alongside an extremely high performing team, this is a rewarding opportunity!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Amy Martin on 09 374 7347.