Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Consultant Leeanne Matthews
Date posted 16 April 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Work as part of the Health and Safety and Emergency Management Team. The Team is responsible for the implementation of, and ongoing support and improvement to, health and safety initiatives within the Ministry of Justice.
Justice is the foundation of any democratic society and New Zealand has one of the most trusted public services in the world. At the Ministry of Justice, we work as one team to provide a great service to the public every day.
About the role:
As the Senior Advisor, Health and Safety, you will be allocated business units/locations for which you will be responsible for the provision of advice and support.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and budgeting of health and safety at an organisational level
- Ensure that Health and safety representatives are in place in allocated business units and coordinate the appointment/election of HSR’s as needed
- Provide advice and support to and arrange training for HSR’s
- Drive continuous improvement in our performance on health and safety and lead allocated improvement initiatives.
- Identify and undertake required consultation to provide relevant stakeholders with the opportunity to contribute to health and safety initiatives, and work on resolving any issues that arise as a result of consultation.
- Gather information, conduct analysis and identify gaps
- Develop detailed plans and costing assessments
- Work with complex legislation
- Provide written reports, process documentation and presentations to a high standard
- Influence others to enable delivery of process improvements
- Build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships and effective networks across and within organisations.
Develop your understanding of public sector systems and processes, including accountability requirements and the use of performance information to inform decision-making.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Leeanne Matthews on 04 471 9724.