Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Amy Martin
Date posted 21 March 2017
The HR Advisor will take ownership of the IR portfolio and provide day-to-day ownership to ensure fair and equitable disciplinary practices, HR recruitment and general advice across the organisation.
This company is a global leader in the shipping and logistics industry. With a multinational presence, the business takes pride maintaining a strong reputation for excellence in its field.
The HR Advisor will provide HR support specifically within the Industrial Relations branch of the business, delivering effective people related outcomes that contribute successful business outcomes.
- Assist in Industrial Relations and associated programmes and projects
- Provide advice to management on specific employee issues, and liaise with union representatives to drive union/company initiatives
- Work with managers and supervisors to provide exceptional support and training as well as influence their decision making and ensure all communication is delivered in a timely and effective manner
- Champion good HR practice and provide credible and consistent HR support and advice across the company
- A relevant HR qualification is essential
- 2-4 years relevant HR experience with a specialist focuses in Industrial Relations
- Sound knowledge of relevant employment legislation, including disciplinary process management
- Superior interpersonal skills across all levels of the business and a knack for relationship management, customer service, training and support
- Project management experience would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity to join one of New Zealand’s leading logistics companies. Hard work will be fully rewarded, and excellent training and career progression opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Amy Martin on 09 374 7347.