Consultant Justin Purdie
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-10-11 it Oceania > New Zealand > North Island > Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 120 140 140 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Working for this organisation you will design and implement AWS solutions to improve ICT functions.
In this role you will work in the Information Systems and Services (ISS) team to lead AWS architecture, design and implementation to improve systems and services.
The client is looking for an Solution Architect with the capabilities and skills to deliver solution designs and strategies to integrate business, information, systems and technology architectures, and confidently lead the design implementation process.
Ideally you will have at least 10+ years of experience in transforming the requirements developed by Business Analysts into a solution architecture that can be utilised by project teams and vendors to deliver business solutions.
Technical Skills Required:
- In general, at least 10 years’ overall experience working with enterprise level ICT.
- Hands-on and solution design experience in Amazon Web Services cloud platform e.g. AWS Serverless computing services, VPC concepts, RDS, Lambda & Step functions, API Gateway, IAM, Beanstalk and Cognito.
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments.
- Exposure to wide variety of cloud and enterprise solutions through their design, implementation and operations.
- A deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns: point to point, RPC, message passing, event driven, web services, push vs. pull, synchronous vs. asynchronous, service choreographies vs. orchestration, REST vs. SOAP, etc.
- Based on hands-on experience, a strong working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software development experience with Java, a .Net language, or similar.
Highly Desirable Attributes:
- Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development platforms, and operational management practices and frameworks strongly preferred;
- Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms strongly preferred;
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity;
- Exposure to TOGAF or similar;
- Functional knowledge of ERP packages, ideally SAP
- Functional knowledge of GIS, ideally ESRI technologies;
- Architecture modelling, design tools and techniques, ideally using Sparx EA;
- Windows security related technologies including Kerberos, NTLM, PKI, TLS/SSL and Security Policy;
- General networking, including HTTP/S, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls, proxies – and/or their cloud equivalents;
- Identity and Authentication technologies (AD/LDAP, Kerberos, multi-factor, mutual TLS, SAML, OAuth, etc.).
- Working with Maori
- Engages with Iwi and Tangata Whenua to achieve work goals aligned with the Principles of the Treaty of Waitangi; demonstrates an understanding of the implications of the Treaty on their work.
Join this government agency based in Wellington's CBD today.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Justin Purdie on 04 471 9770.