Consultant George Meckiffe
Date posted 5 November 20192019-11-05 2020-01-04 it Wellington Wellington Aitken Street NZ NZD 100000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
New Zealand has one of the most trusted public services in the world, and this company provides part of this service. They work to provide a great service to the public every day. You’ll play an important part in helping to keep our communities safe and ensuring the system is fair and credible by providing your valuable architecture expertise.
With over 3000 workers across the country, this team are passionate about making a difference for New Zealanders. They work for an organisation which values excellence and service and treats people with integrity and respect and they make a difference and change people’s lives.
The Solution Architect functions reports to the Chief Technology Officer and are collectively responsible for the design, delivery, maintenance and support of ICT products and services.
In this role you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the current and future solution architectures for their ICT products and services. So you will be improving BAU elements and looking at current technologies and seeing what can be improved. You will work as part of the architecture practice across ICT and contribute to the implementation of the domain architecture to deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Actively monitors for, and seeks, opportunities, new methods, trends, capabilities and products to the advancement of the organisation.
- Maintains knowledge of specific specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreement
- Solution architecture experience in large and complex organisations
- Agile project or product delivery
- Customer centric solution architecture
- Solution architecture that allows for innovation and managed risk
- Coaching and mentoring delivery staff in solution architecture
- Technical leadership that influences delivery teams to build innovative solutions
- Consulting into diverse product and service delivery teams
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on a range of complex issues
- Able to build and maintain a range of effective business relationships within an organisation and a wide network of professional relationships across organisations.
- Sound understanding of All of Government ICT management principles and offerings
Your Education and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience; and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Relevant technical qualifications and / or certifications.