AWS Solution Architect
Consultant Justin Purdie
Date posted 2 December 20192019-12-02 2020-01-31 it Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 135000 145000 145000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Candidate should have capabilities and skills to deliver solution designs and strategies to integrate business, information, systems and technology architectures, and confidently lead the design implementation process.
Candidate should have at least 10+ years of experience in transforming the requirements developed by Business Analysts into a solution architecture that can be utilised by project teams and vendors to deliver business solutions.
To be successful in the role:
- In general, at least 10 years’ overall experience working with enterprise level ICT.
- Hands-on and solution design experience in Amazon Web Services cloud platform e.g. AWS Serverless computing services, VPC concepts, RDS, Lambda & Step functions, API Gateway, IAM, Beanstalk and Cognito.
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments.
- Exposure to wide variety of cloud and enterprise solutions through their design, implementation and operations.
- A deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns: point to point, RPC, message passing, event driven, web services, push vs. pull, synchronous vs. asynchronous, service choreographies vs. orchestration, REST vs. SOAP, etc.
- Based on hands-on experience, a strong working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software development experience with Java, a .Net language, or similar.
- Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development platforms, and operational management practices and frameworks strongly preferred;
- Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms strongly preferred;
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity;
- Exposure to TOGAF or similar;
- Functional knowledge of ERP packages, ideally SAP
- Functional knowledge of GIS, ideally ESRI technologies;
- Architecture modelling, design tools and techniques, ideally using Sparx EA;
- Windows security related technologies including Kerberos, NTLM, PKI, TLS/SSL and Security Policy;
- General networking, including HTTP/S, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls, proxies – and/or their cloud equivalents;
- Identity and Authentication technologies (AD/LDAP, Kerberos, multi-factor, mutual TLS, SAML, OAuth, etc.).
For more information, please contact Justin.Purdie@Robertwalters.co.nz
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Justin Purdie on 04 471 9770.