Salary $75000 - $85000 per annum + Pro-rata (FTC to December 2017)
Consultant Adam Barratt
Date posted 14 February 2017
The Electoral Commission is responsible for maintaining the electoral rolls, administering parliamentary elections and referenda, and promoting participation in parliamentary democracy.
This includes promoting compliance with electoral laws, the registration of political parties, the allocation of time and money for the broadcast of election programmes, conducting the Māori Electoral Option, supplying information for the Māori affiliation service, servicing the work of the Representation Commission, and the provision of advice and advisory opinions, reports and public education on electoral matters.
The Systems Analyst contributes to the analysis of business requirements of the Commission to identify and address business problems and issues. This includes
Assisting with the analysis, design and testing of business processes and systems to identify improvements and coordinate reengineering projects involving technology
Assisting with the operational management of the Commission’s applications, websites and IT infrastructure.
As the Systems Analyst, you will:
- Contribute to the identification, development and testing of business process improvements in the pursuit of continual improvement;
- Participate in formal business analysis, including contributing to use cases, requirements documentation, business modelling and process definition;
- Contribute to business case development and supporting documentation for development projects;
- Provide support to the operational management of the Commission’s IT systems, websites and infrastructure;
- Contribute to IT projects that are delivered according to time, cost, and quality standards or goals;
- Provide support to other teams to assist them to plan, understand and communicate effectively their IT needs;
- Assist with ICT-related procurement, including the development and evaluation of business cases, RFPs, contract negotiations, vendor performance and cost management;
You will bring with you the following:
- Experience in analysing and documenting business requirements;
- Familiarity with business process re-engineering concepts and techniques using new IT technology;
- Experience in the operational management of IT systems, infrastructure and websites;
- Proven experience delivering customer focussed solutions that meet business requirements and expectations;
- Strong communication and relationship management skills;
- Varied technical background to pick up new and different technology quickly;
This is an opportunity to join an organisation with great culture and a real tangible purpose, where you can make a difference to New Zealanders’ participation in elections and grow your career.
You will bring a can-do, team player approach, as this is a very collaborative team, that needs to work together to deliver quality of IT services and solutions to the organisation and NZ public.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Adam Barratt on 04 471 9719.