Salary Competitive Salary
Location Mount Roskill
Consultant Emma O'Mahony
Date posted 14 February 2017
Be part of an organisation recognised as an innovative world class co-operative with an unrivalled reputation with customers, members and staff. You will be part of the growing EPMO team.
A new opportunity for a Portfolio Analyst within the EPMO team. You’ll be a key member of an EPMO committed to the successful delivery of the optimal portfolio of projects aligned to business strategy.
About the role:
To co-ordinate and support the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (ePMO) that ensures the successful delivery of the optimal portfolio of projects aligned to business strategy and agreed financial and resource parameters.
- Support Investment and Portfolio Governance (IPG) Committee related tasks and activities as required
- Understand strategy and ensure that all the projects and programmes contribute directly to the business strategy
- Responsible for co-ordination of project portfolios
- Track, monitor and report on portfolio’s performance
- Responsible for collating information regarding milestones and the dependencies of projects and programmes
- Maintain project repository of all Project Management related artefacts e.g. templates, project folders etc.
- Process requests for new projects until completion and ensure projects are closed appropriately
- Facilitate progress discussions with Programme / Project Managers and supporting the analysis and reporting of overall portfolio’s performance
- Responsible for supporting the monthly portfolio reporting cycles
- Ability to work with PPM (Project Portfolio Management) toolsets
- Provide project coordination, process and information support to Project Managers & management teams
- Maintain portfolio level benefits register
Financial accountability for this role:
- Track, monitor and report on portfolio budget and spend in conjunction with the Finance team
- Assist Programme and Project Managers in submitting monthly costs forecasts
- Process Change Requests for programmes and projects
- Tracking portfolio budget, actual and forecast position across multiple portfolios
- Minimum 5+ years Portfolio Office or Portfolio Analyst experience
- Project Management experience including end-to-end delivery of projects
- Experienced in working closely with Programme and Project managers
- Strong analytical and delivery skills combined with business acumen and pragmatism
- Strong financial management skills
- People and relationship management expertise – ability to build relationships across teams
- Working knowledge of PPM (Project Portfolio Management) Tools
- Working knowledge of MS Project, MS Visio and rest of the MS suite
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career. Working alongside experienced analysts and managers, you will be given the chance to learn and grow in the role.
Attractive benefits package and on site parking. (SK916566A)
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma O'Mahony on 09 374 7300.