Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Lisa Van Vuuren
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-23 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
A Business Analyst with excellent analytical and communication skills required to be the link between business and IT in an exciting fresh and modern team environment.
Overview of the company:
This highly regarded Kiwi owned and operated financial services firm, has a been part of thousands of families’ and people’s lives since its establishment in New Zealand. With a fresh and modern culture, this company is a sought-after employer.
About the role:
In this role you will work with both business- and technical teams to contribute to the overall improvement of the business unit and organisational performance, and achieve greater business efficiency through identifying, modelling, analysing, developing and facilitating the implementation of improvements to business process, workflow and systems. You will also use your analytical and communication skills to understand and document user specifications for business change initiatives, and the implications for implementing business change.
- Apply analytical skills and industry standard business analysis methodology and techniques to understand business problems and capture business requirements.
- Facilitate the gathering and definition of business requirements through appropriate mechanisms such as business workshops and working group forums.
- Verify user requirements to confirm that the solutions fit the intended purpose. Follow a formal approach to the verification of user requirements during development or implementation of business change.
- Work with business and technical users to assist in the definition, development and documentation of project scope, business requirements, process maps, functional specification, testing strategy and user acceptance test plans.
- Ensure all documentation is delivered to the required methodology, quality and standards.
- Take part in specific business unit and organisational lead projects, providing advice, input and support as required.
- Manage relationships with internal business customers and business owners.
- Work with members of the business unit or project team to effectively manage risk and address audit issues in a timely manner to ensure the Company is protected against any risk or audit issues
- 2-3 years commercial experience as a business analyst in a business or technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to undertake structured analysis utilising industry standard methodologies and techniques
- Strong analysis and documentation skills
- Proven knowledge/experience of systems development lifecycle and methodologies
- Proven experience in gathering and documenting detailed business requirements for business solutions
- Excellent understanding of problem solving and decision making techniques
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a business/continuous improvement environment is desirable but not essential
- Experience with process improvement methodologies is desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to organise and control work to meet deadlines
- Excellent career progression opportunity
- Have input into all transformation projects
- Great office
Robert Walters New Zealand is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.