Consultant Matt Mitchell
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-28it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters
The Business Analyst sits within the Strategic Information team, and is responsible for working with the wider Data & Information team to understand and analyse the business intentions, services, processes and information needs. You will liaise with key stakeholders in the organisation to develop a solid understanding of how the business is currently operating and the future goals of the business.
To be successful in this role, you will be an expert Business Analyst with skills at level 5 of SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age). You are familiar with industry standards and best practice business analysis techniques and methodologies. You will take ownership of your role and be confident to take part in conversations and facilitate complex meetings.
This is a broad role which will have you working across a range of data and information workstreams to support business decisions, working with key stakeholders across a number of different data & information activities.
• Facilitating analysis and design workshops
• Documenting business processes and data definitions
• Performing data impact assessments for projects and initiatives
• Consulting and advising on data and information practices
• Supporting development and maintenance of registers of information assets, work requests, documentation and schedules
• Analysing system usage data to identify trends and opportunities
• Working with support teams to deliver training
• Attending and contributing to forums and communities of practice
• Proven experience in Business Analyst roles, with at least 5 years’ experience
• Experience working with business intelligence, data analysis or information management
• Familiar with products and service design techniques
• Experience in accelerated delivery methodologies such as Agile or Lean practices e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Six Sigma
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent facilitation skills, including experience in running complex workshops
• A tertiary degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience; and a commitment to ongoing professional development
You will work with respected industry experts as part of a strategic information team, and alongside a BA Capability team focused on designing and delivering fit-for-purpose products and services. You will be also part of wider Government BA Community as you foster your networks within the public sector. This is your opportunity to enhance your reputation in your area of expertise.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Matt Mitchell on 04 471 9737.