Senior Business Analyst, Tax
Consultant Lisa Van Vuuren
Date posted 30 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-28 it Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 130000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Business Analysis team is responsible for the design, specification, rollout and support of bespoke platforms. Senior Business Analysts’ overall purpose is to deliver new functionality, improve the existing platform, and to support the day to day operations of platforms for internal and external clients. Given the breadth of functionality implemented in the different platforms, specialist knowledge in domains is required. For this role knowledge and experience with Accounting and Tax is sought.
Join a business that is passionate about working with its customers and stakeholders to grow the markets it operates in, which generates wealth integral to New Zealanders’ prosperity, and New Zealand companies getting ahead.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
- System functional specifications – it is expected that the Senior Business Analyst will gather requirements, write specification and own functional areas from inception to completion.
- Functional testing – Testing of work completed by developers for your own requirements, as well as assisting with other testing activities.
- Ownership of functional areas, in this case domain knowledge of Accounting and Tax processes for Wealth and Investments is desirable.
- Working with clients:
- Answering questions on system functionality.
- Participating in on call support as required.
- Assisting our clients with releases, patches and configuration changes.
- Client conversions
- Assisting with the configuration of the platform to support agreed business models
- Assisting in the mapping and conversion of data.
- Supporting production systems. Working closely with Operations, Infrastructure and Development teams to ensure support queries and issues are resolved within agreed timeframes.
- Relevant New Zealand Wealth or Investment Accounting and Tax knowledge is desirable.
- Technical skills - knowledge of databases, SQL, business analysis and software development background all highly valued.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-organized – prioritising and planning.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple demands on time.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Van Vuuren on 09 374 7313.