Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 27 August 20192019-08-27 2019-09-26 it Oceania > New Zealand > North Island > Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 120 160 160 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As the Data Scientist you provide a statistical perspective to developing data models to inform and support business decisions.
About the Role:
In this role the Data Scientist will contribute to the development of robust profiles along with providing quality risk and value information to support internal decision makers to make strategic business decisions.
Key deliverables include:
• Identify, prepare, and oversee the implementation of data mining algorithms
• Create, test, and apply new models
• Undertake complex statistical and pattern analysis
• Integrate and transform data
• Identify business problems, manage or mitigate risks and implement innovative solutions
• Assist in identifying data sources capable of adding value or being integrated
• Assist in identifying additional analytical techniques and tools to enhance the identification and targeting of risk and value.
• Demonstrate a structured and pragmatic approach to analysis, including working with stakeholders to interpret and validate the results
• Provide advice and support for the development and management of targeting rules
• Help develop and implement monitoring processes to assess the effectiveness and performance analytics interventions
• Keep up to date with new developments in the analytics field and share this knowledge with other SMEs
Skills and Experience Required:
• A demonstrable competency in the use of specialist Data mining and Analytics software (preferably SAS or R based) and experience in quantifying the benefits of advanced analytics
• Data Manipulation and cleaning in Python and SQL
• Logistical regression and decision trees
• Using Advanced Analytic tools to conduct complex analyses of large amounts of data or information
• Working across multiple analysis disciplines and processes
• Professionally active and aware of recent developments in methodologies and practices
• Using analytics modelling in a risk and / or operational research environment
• Delivering solutions that make sense to the organisation and are of a consistently high standard
• Translating complex and technical information into information easily understood by non-technical staff
• Creating value through the use of advanced modelling or statistical analysis
• Producing high quality written reports
• Must be a NZ citizen or hold a residence class visa
Join this leading Government organisation based in central Wellington
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.