Salary paid weekly
Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 15 January 2019 2019-01-152019-01-17 it Wellington Central NZ NZD 90 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A large environment, with multiple in-house applications and a variety of Agile digital projects, are looking for a Data Engineer to join their team working on their fast data platform.
Being the Data Engineer you will work in a cross-functional team in the Data Warehouse space on their fast data platform using tools like Scala, Kafka, Hadoop and HDFS.
In this role you will build and maintain data-warehouses and data-marts that are designed to provide structured data to meet the business needs as well as building and maintaining reporting and analytics environments, and to develop reports and dashboards.
You will be ensuring that defined service levels are met and there is accurate and timely escalation of any production, project or support issues.
This role would suit an intermediate or senior, if you are a senior ideally you would have experience in mentoring of junior members.
Technical skills needed:
- SQL and relational databases
- Scala programming
- Apache data ecosystem
- Hadoop and HDFS
- Streaming data at scale
- Handling high velocity, high volume data events
- Git source repository and Git-Hub, with standard Git work-flows
- Linux OS configuration and use, including shell scripting
- Security engineering practices and tools
- Test Driven Development
Other skills needed:
- 1 - 5 year's experience with large scale data warehouse environments
- Experience with 1 or more data warehouses e.g. Informatica or Micro Strategy
- Provide Data Warehouse consultancy by delivery accurate, relevant and up to date information to project members, IT team members and developers throughout the project and support life-cycle.
- Agile experience
- Demonstrated relevant IT experience in application development
- Experience in IT quality processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve service and operational problems, including root cause analysis
- Demonstrated experience of complex analysis, assessment and delivery of appropriate recommendations
- Proven ability to own tasks, issues and plans and manage / drive them through to completion
- Banking domain experience is desired
Take your career to the next level and work with one of the most agile companies in Wellington in their Data Warehouse team working on a with a fast data platform with a wonderful supportive management team.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.