Principle Data Consultant
Consultant Justin Purdie
Date posted 9 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 it Wellington Central Wellington NZ NZD 100000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting and innovative company who are passionate about leveraging the power of data to enable customers to grow in intelligence and thrive.
You will lead customers to discover, prove and deliver value in data, creating strategy and leading programmatic approaches to data adoption.
A key part of the role is understanding and interpreting customer business needs, understanding their data landscape and exploring and shaping the solution that best meets the client's needs. You will need a strong sense of relationship building, innovation and relentless pursuit of high quality.
The Principal Data Consultant will have strong experience in advanced analytics and/or data warehouse and BI solutions.
- This role will require participation in the full lifecycle of data projects
- Gathering and understanding needs to creating the functional design
- Architecture of the solution and supervising the implementation
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in a consulting role with a high level of commercial awareness
- Good problem solving and relationship management skills
- 10+ years industry experience
- Experience in the entire Data Analytics life cycle
- Experience in data maturity modelling and stage identification (Descriptive vs Predictive)
- Data strategy creation and consulting
- Agile delivery experience
- Design Thinking approaches
- Business impact modelling
- Change/data adoption management
Technical Domain Expertise
From a technological perspective, individuals should have demonstrated skills with some of the following technologies:
- Data integration techniques and tools
- Data architecture
- Machine learning and AI
- Big data platforms and technologies
- Cloud platforms and technologies
- Data discovery & cleansing
- Developing Analytics Models including predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Self-service BI and reporting and data visualisation
- Database management systems
- SQL and data querying and extraction
Be part of an energetic and passionate team who are data explorers and innovators.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Justin Purdie on 04 471 9770.