Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Vaite Villouta Sandoval
Date posted 26 September 20192019-09-26 2019-10-26 it Wellington Central Wellington NZ NZD 70000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Work for a large government organisation on some high-profile policy projects that will affect the lives of New Zealanders.
About the role:
This role requires an experienced, hardworking, driven and enthusiastic Programme Coordinator looking for their next opportunity. As the Programme Coordinator you must have excellent organisation, communication and relationship building skills and to be flexible and pick up new tasks is also crucial.
- Provide assistance to the Programme Manager and project teams by undertaking the day-to-day management of project plans, including scheduling and resourcing assignment and tracking of progress.
- Coordinate input from team members into project documents ensuring consistency of styles, formatting and version control.
- Prepare and distribute governance meeting papers.
- Maintain the project filing system and records for easy retrieval of information and documentation.
- Track and maintain the project schedule.
- Review progress against plan with assigned resources and work stream leads.
- Review and maintain project registers – risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies and change control registers.
- Assist with project reporting, including collating information and drafting status reports to communicate progress, risk and issues.
- Ensure reporting is accurate, up to date and timely for the variety of governance requirements.
- Assist with the development of communications material.
- Practice a continuous improvement approach by reviewing own work methods and maintaining a positive approach to solving problems and issues.
- Support the Programme Manager by administering project budgets, project registers, and preparing reports and presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in a recognised project management methodology is an advantage
- High degree of computer literacy, including intermediate knowledge of email software, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Visio and MS Project.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of public sector systems and processes, including accountability requirements and the use of performance information to inform decision making.
- Experience successfully organising work, prioritising, meeting deadlines, maintaining accuracy and confidentiality.
- Project coordination experience in a formal project environment.
- Providing written reports with presentation to a high standard.
Great opportunity to further develop you programme and project skills in a fast-paced environment.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Vaite Villouta Sandoval on 04 471 9733.