Technical Team Lead
Salary $110000 - $130000 per annum + Competitive salary
Consultant Adam Barratt
Date posted 31 January 2017
Vector is New Zealand's leading advanced metering hardware and services provider in the electricity industry, with an end-to-end suite of energy metering and control services to energy retailers, distributors and consumers throughout NZ and recently Australia.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Vector develops high quality, fit-for-purpose software solutions by providing technical leadership in the design, development, testing and maintenance phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
The solutions produced will range from defect fixes on existing systems to the creation of new solutions using a mixture of bespoke and off-the-shelf software. Furthermore, this role is responsible for providing coaching and mentoring of team members and ensuring the SDLC and solutions developed follow industry standard best practises.
The Technical Team Lead is responsible for;
- Provide leadership for the team’s design, development and maintenance of solutions;
- Contributing to new feature requirements, recommending appropriate solutions and providing work estimations;
- Ensure design documents accurately reflect business requirements, clarifying assumptions with the appropriate team;
- Design, develop and test software in accordance with the established policies, frameworks and standards, using appropriate design patterns and best practices.
- Actively contribute to creating and improving the software development processes, and ensure that the team is adhering to these processes;
- Development and mentoring of more junior team members;
As the Technical Team Lead, you will bring with you:
- Proven end-to-end software development experience over a number of years at a Senior level;
- SalesForce customisation (APEX development) experience;
- Development in Java/J2EE frameworks – Spring, Hibernate, JMS, JPA, EJB3
- Experience across a number of the following technologies would be advantageous: Oracle Suite, Mule, Active MQ,
- Experience with structured and Object-Oriented design methodologies, product design and testing
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies would be advantageous;
- Experience translating business requirements into technology specifications;
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills;
Vector have a successful and growing product and service, so are in need of innovative, proactive team members to continue on this journey. As the business expands, there are growing opportunities within the business for advancement and career growth.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Adam Barratt on 04 471 9719.