Microsoft Stack Developer
Salary Competitive hourly rate
Location Palmerston North
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 2 February 2017
Document technical specifications for interface developments.
This New Zealand’s defining University are known for their ground-breaking research.
This University is replacing their student management system and being the Microsoft Stack Developer you will support and develop expertise for any of the interfaces that will be used by the (Curriculum Management) CM system.
You will specify, create, test and document data migration routines for data to be converted into the CM system.
As the developer will also be involved in the automated cleansing of data and the reconciliation of migrated data. The interfaces may be from and to the CM system.
This is Palmerston North based
- Work with Business Analysts and the project team to specify developments
- Document technical specifications for interface development
Build interfaces for items such as:
- Integration between Active Directory/HR and the CM system
- Integration between the CM and Student Management System (SMS)
- Translate data migration specifications into data migration routines using appropriate tools. Data migration routines may include extract, upload, transformation and reconciliation functions
- Unit test data migration routines
- Participate in testing and reconciliation of converted data
- Participate in trial data migrations including timed and dress rehearsal migrations
- Adhere to University and software vendor standards for developments
- Maintain a high level of quality in development outputs which will be regularly peer reviewed
- Produce high quality internal and external development documentation in the prescribed formats
- Assist the process team with interface and user acceptance testing as required
- Identify, record and manage issues and risks throughout the life of the programme
- Experience with MS SQL RDBMS query languages
- Experience of application integration using SSIS essential
- Experience of reporting using SSRS desirable
- Knowledge or experience with SITS:Vision and Stutalk desirable
- Ability to communicate well with programme team members and technical personnel
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Work for New Zealand’s defining University located in Palmerston North.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.