Senior Software Developer
Salary $90000 - $100000 per annum + Competitive salary
Consultant Adam Barratt
Date posted 21 February 2017
NZX builds and operates capital, risk and commodity markets and the infrastructure required to support them.
We provide high quality information, data and tools to support business decision making. We aim to make a meaningful difference to wealth creation for our shareholders and the individuals, businesses and economies in which we operate.
In this role you will work across several systems and be involved in design processes, providing quality code, keeping solutions up-to-date and resolving any issues that arise. Utilising your RoR and React JS experience, you will also help to improve processes, existing code and documentation that is currently in place. You will have autonomy in this role but you must be a team player who likes to collaborate.
- Development and maintenance of solutions from conception to retirement, including acceptance into production;
- Understanding and contributing to new feature requirements and recommending appropriate solutions;
- Review design specifications, code and test documentation as appropriate to ensure adherence to the business requirements and standards.
You will have experience in the following:
- Proficient in HTML, CSS
- Guru in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Illustrate practical implementation of Ruby Gems and metaprogramming
- Proficient in PostgreSQL, MongoDB/Apache CouchDB databases
- Elastic Search experience
- Development, deployment automation, CI/CD pipeline
- Containers and Docker
- Passion for technology and security
- Desire to make a difference
- Being pragmatic
- Enjoy collaboration across teams
- Have a structured approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- AWS CLI, SDK and Cloudformation
- AWS ECS, KMS, Cloudtrail and Cloudwatch
- AWS DynamoDB, ElastiCache
- Apache mesos (Marathon, Chronos and Linkerd)
- Mesosphere and stateless applications
- Big data: Apache Spark/Hadoop and AWS
- A good understanding of microservices and modern architecture
- Agile and DevOps culture
This is a truly collaborative organisation that looks to deliver an enjoyable experience for all of their customers through quality interactions. You will have a passion for what you do, naturally keen up-to-date with technology trends and advancements, as well as be a team player in every sense of the word.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Adam Barratt on 04 471 9719.