Salary Weekly pay
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 15 February 2017
This client are digital problem-solvers that create award winning websites and apps that improve businesses and people's lives.
Seeking a Senior Python Developer to work on a large bank on their responsive website; so developing in Python (Django, Flask, Wagtail) and PHP (Legacy projects).
This role would suit a Developer who can operate at a senior level and be able to contribute at all levels of the organisation. As you will be helping with high level strategy both internally and externally across high profile clients
This organisation generally uses Python, Django, Wagtail on the backend and React for frontend applications, you are not expected to be familiar with the exact frameworks, but ideally you will know your way around modern web frameworks and ideally around a modern JS framework or two.
If you have the technical background and inquisitiveness to be able to design and build solid technical solutions then this role is for you!
This is a 3-6 month contract role based in the heart of the Wellington CBD - Agile environment.
- Experience in Python (Django, Flask, Wagtail)
- Postgresql, MySql
- AWS Tools (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2)
- Solid understanding of OOP principles and ability to apply them
- Excellent understanding of APIs and formats: REST, JSON, SOAP, XML
- Great understanding of open standards based formats like JSON
- A solid understanding and application of web programming security principles and concepts
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A creative mind with an awesome personality along with excellent communication skills
- Developing in Python (Django, Flask, Wagtail) on a responsive website
Other technologies they use (not needed):
- GIT, SVN, Node, Redis, Backbone.js, React.js, IIS/ASP (legacy), Vagrant, Docker
Work with a talented bunch of digital problem-solvers from Designers to Developers. Work within an awesome atmosphere that celebrate diversity, creativity and talent.
You will work within an Agile environment in the heart of the Wellington CBD.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.