Intermediate Oracle Developer
Consultant Cora FItzmaurice
Date posted 28 January 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Develop and support Oracle systems that are vital to the operation of the New Zealand electricity and markets.
As New Zealand’s Exchange we are passionate about working with our customers and stakeholders to grow the markets NZX operates, which generate wealth integral to New Zealanders’ prosperity, and New Zealand companies getting ahead.
To support the growth and development of our core markets business, and to ensure we are well connected to New Zealand investors, NZX owner Smartshares, New Zealand’s only issuer of listed Exchange Traded Funds, and KiwiSaver provider SuperLife.
NZX also provides wealth management services for New Zealand advisers via its Wealth Technologies business.
The overall purpose of the role is to work with the development, test and operations team, market participants and key stakeholders in supporting and maintaining existing solutions and applications.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design and develop applications using Oracle PL/SQL
- Apply technical skills and experience to provide solution to technical and business problems achieving business objectives
- Evaluate requirements and technical limitations with users
- Liaise with technical architects & other project or team members to ensure technical consistency
- Use proper industry standards to code and develop software
- Working closely with the test team to ensure high quality solutions/applications.
- Create & maintain appropriate technical documentation to assist in various stages of software development.
- BAU support and maintenance
- 2 - 3 years’ experience developing PL/SQL
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and familiarity with Waterfall
- Experience developing, automating and web-services; integration experience using REST API’s (preferable)
- Experience using versioning control/continuous integrations tools such as Jenkins, ANT and git
- Electricity market experience (preferable)
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Cora Fitzmaurice on 04 471 9702.