SAP Functional Consultant
Consultant Justin Purdie
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-12-30 it Hutt Valley Wellington NZ NZD 108717 134297 134297 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The SAP Functional Consultant role leads the identification, analysis, design and delivery of SAP ERP System solutions.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, this Government Department is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand.
The SAP Functional Consultant (BESC) role leads the identification, analysis, design and delivery of SAP ERP System solutions to meet logistics business problems and opportunities.
The Functional Consultant will act as an EPIC (Agile) owner for large and complex changes, leading the identification of end-to-end requirements, solution development and delivery, and effectively representing those changes to key stakeholders
- Work with the business to understand future strategic and operational logistics requirements and lead identification of SAP ERP solutions
- Be a key advisor to DLC on SAP ERP direction and strategy
- Contribute to the identification of logistics data strategies and plans ensuring alignment with related areas e.g. CIS
- Lead SAP ERP solution development and design overseeing a number of product teams as needed
- Champion and adopt use of appropriate design and development methods, tools and techniques such as Waterfall and Agile
- Develop road maps to communicate development activity
- Be an EPIC owner for large and complex SAP ERP changes, and being responsible for stewardship from design to delivery
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of the continuous improvements to SAP ERP usage and value to the business
- Plan and manage SAP ERP solution delivery, managing the cost, time and quality requirements for successful implementation
- Ensure projects are carried out in accordance with required methods, procedures and standards
To be successful in the role:
- Deep specialist skills in SAP ERP, including an appreciation of the functionality available and being developed
- Strong expertise in developing and implementing effective SAP ERP solutions across a large, complex business
- Skilled in managing the development and delivery of data architecture and governance changes, including the supporting processes
- Expertise in managing solution development processes preferably including Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), DevOps and the use of EPIC and Agile
- A broad understanding of logistics and in the way logistics operations are carried out across large complex organisation
- Adept ability to elicit stakeholder and end-user issues, requirements and solutions, and translate these into technical documents for effective action by others (e.g. developers) Demonstrated, strong analytical problem solving skills
- Good peer leadership and coaching skills
- Sound project and work management, planning and prioritisation skills, including delivering to deadlines
- Strong relationship management, engagement and communication skills, including the ability to adjust to different audiences and situations
- Expertise in and commitment to continuous improvement
- Positive and productive collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and work in flexible ways
- Demonstrated resilience and the ability to effectively manage
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Justin Purdie on 04 471 9770.