Wireless Network Engineer
Consultant Dave Gordon
Date posted 11 August 20192019-08-11 2019-10-10 it Auckland Auckland North Shore NZ NZD 90000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Wireless Network Engineer to join one of the biggest brands in New Zealand, supporting their Wi-Fi capability across the country. Working as part of a wider infrastructure team, your day to day responsibility will be ensuring that the company’s wireless network maintains excellent performance, as well as being responsible for the architecture of new wireless solutions as they are required. Work with wireless technology such as Huawei and Aerohive.
As a Wireless Network Engineer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the performance of the group’s wireless networks, which at any one time can have between 7,000-8,000 devices actively connected. This includes the support of 250 sites across New Zealand, and 1,000 support office users on the North Shore of Auckland.
As well as day to day BAU requirements around maintenance and performance, you will also be expected to input into the architecture of new wireless solutions as and when they are required, for example, when a new site is created.
You will also be expected to participate in Disaster Recovery planning and design.
• Experience working with Huawei and Aerohive wireless technologies.
• Professional experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco routers, Aerohive switches and Access Points.
• Demonstrable experience supporting, maintaining and tuning large enterprise infrastructure systems.
• Working knowledge of network security solutions.
Nice to haves:
• Experience with Firewalls, PKI, anti-virus, IAM.
• Relevant qualifications such as CCNP, CCSP, CCSE
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Dave Gordon on 09 374 7305.