Consultant Dave Gordan
Date posted 2 December 2018 2018-12-022019-01-01 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A unique opportunity to join a reputable managed service company, working with a knowledgeable support team, you will be responsible for multiple migration a day from Cisco to Fortinet technologies for customers across New Zealand. Working in an experienced team, you will gain invaluable exposure to new ways of working and a valuable technology stack.
Our client is a managed service provider passionate about designing and delivering digital technologies to future generations
About the role:
Working under the Migration Team leader, the succesful candidate will provide expertise and guidance to customers, schools and students. This role requires travel to various schools, and is focused on the migration from Cisco to Fortinet in various schools throughout Auckland.
- Carry out four migrations daily
- Roll out the migration of networks from Cisco to Fortinet
- Provide tier one service delivery for recently migrated locations
- Update all records and documentation throughout the migrations
- Support BAU operations by proactively handling requests, thoroughly gathering information and maintaining a balance between company policy and customer benefits
- Experience using Cisco, and Fortinet
- Knowledge of technical support issues related to internet connectivity, firewalls and PC troubleshooting
- CCNA or NSE 4 qualification is desirable
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- WatchGuard firewall experience is a plus
- Able to effectively communicate in technical and simple terms, and develop relationships with staff, customers, and stakeholders
- Full New Zealand Drivers license required
6 month contract with strong possibility of extension or permanent offer. Great chance to join the company and contribute to the transition to cloud in the near future.