Senior Devops Engineer
Consultant Charlie Cope
Date posted 9 May 20192019-05-09 2019-06-08 it Auckland Auckland 45 Queen St, Auckland, 1010 NZ NZD 90 110 110 HOUR Tower Insurance https://www.tower.co.nz/?nst=SEM&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1dKvwImN4gIVRhSPCh0_eQvFEAAYASAAEgI6tvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Contract opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a fantastic organisation in Auckland CBD for 3-6 months with a chance of extension. If you are immediately available, or coming to the end of a current contract, we would love to hear from you!
- Ensure DevOps tooling and pipeline framework is fit for purpose, efficient and maintainable and is applicable to CI/CD strategy.
- Assessing market tool sets, ideally open source that will best suit the technologies used and fit with CI/CD strategy.
- Mentor and train other permanent employees
- Mentor and train Developers to create DevOps pipelines supporting their code and delivery requirements
- Create appropriate reporting and dashboards to ensure high visibility of coverage, pass/fail metrics, pipeline health and quality.
- Ensure that DevOps code is treated as production code and meets best practice
- Ensure that DevOps automation assets and processes accessible across teams to enable re-use and standardisation.
- Communicate with various levels of the organisation and both internal and external vendors.
- Apply rationale and reasoned approach to problem solving and identify quick and accurate solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience of implementing DevOps tools using scripting languages
- Practical and current experience with a range of open source and commercial test DevOps technologies across modern front-end, back-end and Cloud environments.
- Operations experience with zones, packing tools, security firewalls, API Gateways, Key management etc
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of fully automated Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps processes for Agile projects.
- Experience integrating Jenkins and Docker for automated deployment preferred
- Experience with one or more data reporting tools like Grafana etc.
- Experience of Docker, vagrant or other containerisation solutions and container hosting solutions such as Kubernetes
- Experience of operating a DevOps capability in the cloud, particularly with Azure
- Experience with tool sets such as Terraforma, Helm, Prometheus, Connect DB and YAML, PowerShell, Shell Scripting.
If you are immediately available, or coming to the end of a current contract, we would love to hear from you.