Consultant Romane Duvivier
Date posted 16 June 2022auckland information-technology/infrastructure-security-and-network 2022-06-16 2022-08-15 it Auckland Auckland NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
5 months Fixed Term Contract Our client is looking for a Network Engineer to join their on-site team for 5 months as part of the City Rail Link project.
The work you will be doing will ensure the tunnelling systems keep running, communications systems stay available and our team members stay safe.
At Christmas last year, the first tunnel was completed and with the second tunnel now underway, there is plenty of action. This fixed-term contract is to provide support while the tunnel boring machine makes its way through to the city and the underground areas interconnect.
- Operation of the tunnel safety software and devices
- Access control systems (gates, doors and turnstiles)
- Interfaces to the tunnel boring machine and other project-related equipment
- Communication systems (SIP and IP radios)
Key skills and experience:
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Excellent network skills: the physical layer, (copper, fibre, Wi-Fi), layer two VLANs, ethernet and layer three and above protocols and routing
- Proficient at operating Microsoft Windows, applications and drivers
- Ability to configure switches, Wi-Fi, routers and perform firmware updates
- Be able to produce a high standard of documentation
- Strong communicator with good speaking and writing skills
- Able to work collaboratively with other team members from many different disciplines and engage with subcontractors to get things done
Some technical requirements: Our client is looking for someone that has strong experience with VLANS, TCP/IP and routing, accessing systems via RDP, Ubiquity, UniFi and Aruba hardware.