Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Consultant Romane Duvivier
Date posted 20 July 2022auckland information-technology/infrastructure-security-and-network 2022-07-20 2022-08-19 it Auckland Auckland NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
* 6 months contract renewable * Attractive hourly rate * Great project exposure
Our client is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to work with their delivery teams throughout the development lifecycle to ensure systems delivered are scalable, robust, and supportable. You will be pivotal in optimising their customer platforms and infrastructure to improve reliability and decrease cost.
You will be using cutting edge technologies to build and monitor cloud infrastructures, and work with their engineering teams to ensure that their services are appropriately instrumented to enable monitoring and debugging of solutions as required. The solutions you design, and build will support their customer production and non-production environments to be scalable, reliable, easy to debug and underpinned with an infrastructure as code first principle.
- Designing and implementing proactive continuous improvement programmes for their customer solutions to minimise the occurrence of support issues.
- Designing, building, maintaining and supporting cloud infrastructures using DevOps tooling
- Leading the provisioning of deployment environments, including all aspects of servers, services and networking.
- Working alongside our client's teams to design cloud deployment architectures for various client environments.
- Work with other SREs to identify components that can be shared across teams to improve productivity, such as developer tooling, build automation, provisioning, logging, monitoring, alerting, incident processes, etc.
- Assisting development teams to build continuous integration and deployment pipelines using toolsets selected for the particular technology stack.
- Documenting system architecture and configuration/deployment processes and proactively sharing technical knowledge with support developers across multiple teams.
- Develop and deliver code and configuration to a high standard, including documentation and a suitable level of testing.
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in the IT industry
- Previous experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
- Experience developing applications in Java, Node.js, and/or .NET.
- Strong experience in Azure and AWS deployment architectures and deployment pipelines.
- Experience with AWS and Bamboo/Bitbucket Pipelines would be an advantage.
- System admin of Linux and Windows-based cloud-based server environments.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, PowerShell, Groovy, Go, Perl, Ruby, shell scripting.
- Some networking knowledge to help with troubleshooting and configuration of virtual networks.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 31 July 2022* 6 months contract * Attractive hourly rate * Exciting projects
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 21 July 2022* 12 months contract * Competitive hourly rate * New Zealand's leading organisation
Salary: Great BenefitsLocation: AucklandDate posted: 8 August 2022We are on the hunt for an experience Technical Lead to join one of NZ's leading organisations.
Salary: Long term contract and competitive ratesLocation: AucklandDate posted: 29 July 2022We have multiple Business Analyst contracts up for grabs with a range of clients, delivering for greenfield enterprise change or large technology transformation programmes. These roles are across junior to senior levels, with potential for fully remote or hybrid working options. Auckland based BA's would be ideal but all roles are available to those across NZ!
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 21 July 2022* Initial 6 month contract with competitive hourly rate * Auckland based developer role with true flexibility * Great team environment