Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Emma O'Mahony
Date posted 11 April 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Experienced Product Owner with Digital or Insurance experience who is able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with stakeholders
About the company
This Product Owner will focus on digital initiatives of a global organisation. Digital experience and/or insurance experience is fundamental for this role. You will be working with business owners across the organisation so strong communication skills is a must. You will be working on a new online portal as well as new mobile apps.
- Understand the product strategy, vision and roadmap
- Breaks work down into features, ensuring product value is represented in each feature
- Works with stakeholders (technical leads, business sponsors, other business units and third parties) to ensure they input into the design of the features and stories
- Sets context for sprint planning and ensures that the scrum team know the business context and value for the work in the backlog.
- Attends daily stand ups and is readily available to the scrum team should any questions or issues arise
- Is responsible for ensuring that the top priority work in the backlog is groomed, refined and ready to be pulled into a sprint at any stage
- Communicates the outcomes of the Sprint Review to the stakeholder (ensures that open questions are followed up and closed out)
- Manages stakeholder relationships, communications and expectations for the Scrum team
- Accepts stories. The Product Owner works with the QA lead to review any open defects associated with the story. The Product Owner uses their discretion in deciding if a story can be accepted, or if it should be carried over to the next sprint.
- Assists the BA with breaking large pieces of work down into smaller pieces to ensure that each story delivers minimum viable product value
Skills and experience
- Scrum certified Product Owner, or at least 2years experience working in a Product Owner role.
- A solid understanding of Scrum and agile environments.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work with and influence a number of stakeholders.
- Ability to focus & look at problems through a product lens
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma O'Mahony on 09 374 7300.