Senior Information Security Advisor
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant George Meckiffe
Date posted 26 September 20192019-09-26 2019-11-25 it Wellington Central Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 80000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Work for an Organisation that keeps New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent. Their work is essential to achieving a sustainable and prosperous future, where all New Zealanders are able to take responsibility for themselves, be successful in their lives and participate in their communities.
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Advisor to provide expert risk and security advice to a range of internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that our client’s information is kept safe and managed appropriately.
Fundamentally this organisation is all around how they store their information and how safe it is, an example is if they are implementing an in-house solution or private cloud for a client, you will then come in and explain the potential risk around this to the business, you will not need to be designing the solution as you will work alongside Solution Architects, but you will look into it and explain the standard IT security controls, then explain the security risks, and have controls in place.
The Senior Information Security Advisor is to work with IT teams, IT security, privacy and business to collaborate, provide guidance and advice that ensures the required information processes are followed for certification and accreditation to occur. The position supports the Chief Information Security Officer to manage key account relationships across the various business lines carrying out all CISO functions within the certification and accreditation function in accordance with the Chief Information Security Officers direction, GCIO and NZISM requirements.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the CISO team using a customer focus and professional skills to support client Ministry’s outcomes.
- Provide authoritative security advice that supports good business decision making
- Enable cross sector data sharing and predicative analytics
- Support Cloud first and digital by design security
- Review and provide advice to the CISO on the assessment of IT, Systems risk, the application of controls and the determination of any residual risk.
- Provide controls assessments reports that assess whether controls and control ownership which mitigate security risks are still operating.
- Provide risk guidance for IT and business projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of information security / technical controls.
The position of Senior Advisor Information Security Officer requires:
- Experience in a combination of business knowledge, risk management, information security and IT roles. Knowledge of IT security frameworks, policies and procedures Political astuteness and experience in a large complex organisation.
- Experience in a large corporate or Government organisation in New Zealand
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant government, legal and regulatory requirements, such as the Privacy Act and NZISM, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of IT, Service Delivery and an understanding of the relationship between business, security, and Information management.
Key Attributes needed:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills that can operate at all levels including DCE’s.
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team environment
- Strong influencer and partnership builder
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of personal integrity
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Willing to travel to fulfil job requirements
This role would be perfect for someone that is an Information Advisor or Technical Business Analyst that potentially has knowledge of security, this role could take you down the security path and it also offers you to put security in your toolkit.