Security Consultant / Advisor
Salary Permanent or Contracting
Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant George Meckiffe
Date posted 4 November 20192019-12-02 2020-01-03 it Wellington Central Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 90 130 130 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Work for an Organisation that keeps New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent. Their work is essential to achieving a sustainable and prosperous future, where all New Zealanders are able to take responsibility for themselves, be successful in their lives and participate in their communities. This organisation is all around how they store their information and how safe it is.
This company is seeking a a Security Consultant / Advisor to work on projects, for example: upgrading infrastructure, cloud or delivering new applications, and you will work on these projects with various teams to understand the security risk around these projects. You will have a strong focus around security risk assessments, you will provide expert risk and security advice to a range of internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that our client’s information is kept safe and managed appropriately.
You will not need to be designing the solution as you will work alongside Solution Architects, but you will look into it and explain the standard IT security controls, then explain the security risks, and have controls in place.
The Security Consultant / Advisor will work with IT teams, IT security, privacy and business to collaborate, provide guidance and advice that ensures the required information processes are followed for certification and accreditation to occur. The position supports the Chief Information Security Officer to manage key account relationships across the various business lines, carrying out all CISO functions within the certification and accreditation function in accordance with the Chief Information Security Officers direction, GCIO and NZISM requirements.
Ideally you are in a role as a Security Consultant, Security Architect or Advisor and have an understanding of Information security’s purpose and objectives, and can speak to the business about risk and security without being too technical.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the CISO team using a customer focus and professional skills to support client Ministry’s outcomes.
- Provide authoritative security advice that supports good business decision making
- Enable cross sector data sharing and predicative analytics
- Support Cloud first and digital by design security
- Review and provide advice to the CISO on the assessment of IT, Systems risk, the application of controls and the determination of any residual risk.
- Provide controls assessments reports that assess whether controls and control ownership which mitigate security risks are still operating.
- Provide risk guidance for IT and business projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of information security / technical controls.
- Experience in a combination of business knowledge, risk management, information security and IT roles. Knowledge of IT security frameworks, policies and procedures Political astuteness and experience in a large complex organisation.
- Experience in a large corporate or Government organisation in New Zealand
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant government, legal and regulatory requirements, such as the Privacy Act and NZISM, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of IT, Service Delivery and an understanding of the relationship between business, security, and Information management.
- It would be great if you had a technical security background but potentially have a risk / audit background and have a qualification such as CISSP or CISM / CRISC
- This role would really suit someone with a great attitude, and strong at decision making and communication.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills that can operate at all levels including DCE’s.
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team environment
We have permanent and contracting roles with this organisation, so if you are in the Security field and looking to work on an exciting new green-field project then give us a call today to hear more!