Senior Programme Coordinator
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Vaite Villouta Sandoval
Date posted 17 June 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Want to be part of the largest event the Government has ever hosted, that brings 20 World Leaders to New Zealand? Join the planning team for APEC 2021
Overview of the company
You will be part of an all-of-government programme led by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, to plan and deliver a successful Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) which New Zealand will host in 2021. This is largest event the Government has ever hosted, that brings 20 World leaders to New Zealand.
APEC involves a 12-month period of hosting from December 2020 to November 2021 and attracts up to 22,000 attendees to 12 significant events held throughout the year. APEC will bring decision-makers and leaders from across the Asia-Pacific together and will create significant opportunities for New Zealand to promote its economic interests with trading nations including China, the US and Japan
About the role:
Seeking a highly-skilled and experienced Senior Programme/ Project Coordinator who is ready to be part of an exciting programme of work. The work is varied and demanding, and your planning and administration skills – plus lots of initiative - will be relied upon every day.
To be successful in this role you will be an energetic self-starter capable of working as part of an integrated team but who is sufficiently experienced to work independently and achieve results on your own. You will be a person with excellent planning and organising skills.
Your contribution as Programme/Project Coordinator will help New Zealand to achieve its strategic benefits from hosting APEC. The Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing economic region in the world and APEC is its leading economic forum.
- Planning with managers and project managers incorporating risk and change control;
- Supporting governance meetings, pulling together performance reporting and information packs, and recording meeting results;
- Monitoring and reporting programme progress, quality, finance and risk/issues.
- Supporting managers and project managers with communication and stakeholder engagement
- Providing administrative support including meeting coordination
- Quality control of information management and documentation within the programme.
- Experience in working on a cross-government, or large transformation programmes
- Experience of working in a Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) programme environment, or with similar structured programme/project methodologies
- Good communication and relationship management skills to work successfully with a wide variety of professionals
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and organise your work and naturally take ownership of critical tasks and deadlines
- Willingness to take on a challenge, solve problems and persevere.
- Proficient in use of project management tools, such as MS Project and Visio
- Experience with scheduling, meeting minutes, reporting and coordinating meetings
- Project financials and forecasting experience
- Flexible and adaptable approach to your work
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Vaite Villouta Sandoval on 04 471 9733.