Salary Competitive rate
Consultant Sacha Philp
Date posted 11 July 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Exciting contract role for a Project Manager being involved in scoping, delivery and management of projects centred around government policy change leading to tech implementation.
About the role:
As a Project Manager you will provide leadership and direction to the project team by being involved in the discovery, planning and then implementation of this delivery. You will be involved in writing a strong business cases and Memorandum of Understanding while working closely with government departments to effect technology change. This is a role sitting in the business with links to technology once the discovery phase is underway. This is an immediate start (within 2 weeks) and there may be some travel to Wellington.
- Management of the project team, including delegation and allocation of project tasks.
- Mentoring, supporting and regularly engaging key project resources to enhance capability and in particular mentoring of business analysts and internal resources seconded to the project.
- Influencing key stakeholders inside/outside the team including senior managers and executive members.
- Proactive management of changes in project scope, time and budget including invoking the Change Control procedure as appropriate.
- 5+ years’ proven experience as a Project Manager
- In depth understanding of project & change delivery frameworks and systems development life cycle
- Extensive experience of business case development
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and improving project delivery frameworks
- High level of understanding with regards to project and portfolio governance.
- Excellent communication skills and strong understanding of technology.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sacha Philp on 09 374 7309.