Digital Product Manager
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Emma O'Mahony
Date posted 13 November 2018 2018-11-132019-01-12 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Are you on the lookout for a change of scenery and want to join a company that is thinking outside the box? We are looking for a Digital Product Manager to join an ambitious and passionate team based in the CBD.
About the role:
This Digital Product Manager will be tasked with managing the product backlog for a specific product area and customer journey. You will be ensuring that any new product increment is aligned to the overall product strategy and vision. As a key member of a cross-functional product delivery team (comprising members of technology, UX, marketing, and research and insights) you are ultimately responsible for the quality of the teams output, prior to release.
This Digital Product Manager will need to be able to juggle being strategic and also close to the detail. It is an exciting role for someone who wants to make a difference.
You will be reporting directly to the GM of Product and will be a key decision maker.
- Represent the consumer to the development team ensuring that their needs are understood and met
- Prioritise and manage the product backlog. The product back log comprises new product ideas, defects and enabling technology.
- Facilitate discovery work (with Squad members) to take a product idea and to define the MVP, key metrics, solution, user stories and tasks.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria – ensuring at least two iterations of work is defined and available for the delivery team to work on
- Work with squad members (including third party vendors) to identify and close gaps in knowledge, answer questions, anticipate problems & remove barriers to progressing user stories
- Accepting user stories as done by validating that testing is complete and that the acceptance criteria has been met
- Conduct analysis of delivered product ideas to evaluate whether the value hypothesis has been met and to document learning's that inform future decisions
- Work with the wider development team and the Scrum Master, ensuring that the product strategy, vision, and roadmap is understood
- Perform release planning in conjunction with the lead developer and scrum master
- Contribute to the product strategy, vision, and roadmap
- Assist in financial forecasts and tracking of product performance
- Manage internal stakeholders
This is a Senior Digital Product Management role so you will need to have:
- 4 years+ experience as a Digital Product Manager/Owner
- Experience bringing a digital product from concept to market launch
- Experience being the decision maker and being responsible for the product roadmap
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Proven track record of leading the definition, launch and ongoing operations of consumer-facing digital products and/or services
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- Deeply immersed in online media and consumer behaviours
- Knowledge of latest digital technologies and infrastructure
- Analytical mindset with an understanding of and experience working with digital analytics tools, including Google Analytics and Excel
- Understanding of underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
This role will be snapped up quickly so don’t miss your chance to find out more…
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma O'Mahony on 09 374 7300.