Salary Competitive daily rates
Consultant Sacha Philp
Date posted 19 November 2018 2018-11-192018-12-19 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Exciting new contract role for an experienced Financial Services Programme Manager responsible for the delivery and management of a programme centred around business transformation in a regulatory environment.
About the role:
This is an exciting new contract role for an experienced Financial Services Programme Manager responsible for the delivery and management of a programme centred around business transformation in a regulatory environment.
As the Programme Manager you will provide leadership and direction to the delivery team especially when things need to be challenged and making sure workstreams in place are thoroughly planned and coordinated throughout their lifecycle. This is not a technical role, it’s a business change skill set and any experience you may have within the financial services regulatory space will be advantageous.
In this role there will be regular travel required, therefore you will need to be able to do so.
- Management of the programme team, including delegation and allocation of portfolio projects and tasks.
- Management of virtual teams and other contributors and working groups.
- Mentoring, supporting and regularly engaging key project resources to enhance capability and in particular mentoring of business analysts and internal resources seconded to the project.
- Influencing key stakeholders inside/outside the team including senior managers and executive members.
- Proactive management of changes in project scope, time and budget including invoking the Change Control procedure as appropriate.
- Proven experience as Programme Manager in a business change / transformation environment
- In depth understanding of business change, process delivery frameworks and systems development life cycle
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and improving project delivery frameworks taking into account relevant new methodologies
- High level of understanding with regards to project and portfolio governance. Including an ability to present and report on complex information in a simple manner
- Experience and understanding of liaising with, and managing the expectations of, multiple stakeholders across an organisation
- Effective and confident communication skills including the ability to develop strong relationships and inspire trust amongst colleagues and able to facilitate resolution of conflicting stakeholder requirements and complex decision making environments
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, motivate and broker consensus in order to achieve buy in
- Strong customer empathy and the ability to translate this into effective strategies
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sacha Philp on 09 374 7309.