Consultant Matt Mitchell
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-05-16 it Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 90 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Provide analysis, advice and information to assist in the design of processes and strategy.
A large government agency requires a service designer to assist with a system design that requires strong journey mapping and customer insight experience. The successful applicant will have strong Adobe skills.
A service designer is required to assist in the design of solutions to fit the organisational strategy. This will include leading processes to identify issues and benefits, from a customer and user perspective, eliciting business requirements, researching best practice and assessing current state in order to design future processes and systems to achieve the desired outcomes for the organisation.
This role requires an effective service designer, with experience across the design and analysis spectrum. You will be required to lead and develop processes for core analytical documentation, including design documents, journey mapping, process maps, analysis and reporting, impact assessments, options analysis, process and procedure materials and any other analytical documentation required to support the design and implementation phases.
- The lead will successfully deliver allocated outputs to set time and quality standards
- Develop successful relationships with stakeholders
- Provide specialist advice including intellectual and professional leadership
- Successfully manage project staff and contractors
- The lead will be responsible and accountable for all service design and implementation deliverables as outlined in the programme plan
- The lead will be responsible for the workstreams contribution to programme reporting
- Significant experience and a proven track record of project delivery within a government context (desirable knowledge of Prince 2, Agile or similar qualifications).
- In-depth knowledge of service design methodology and be able to apply these methods to ensure that best practice is used in problem-solving.
- A strong background in stakeholder management - have a deep understanding of project implementation
- They will be a strong leader of people and able to deliver high-quality outputs in a professional and timely manner.
- Good communication skills and be able to deliver in a highly collaborative environment
- A proven background in thought leadership and be experienced in working with Maori groups/organisations and/or within a Tikanga Maori environment.
Great opportunity for a service designer to work within a large government organisation on a long term project of work.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Matt Mitchell on 04 471 9737.