Consultant Lauren Hamilton
Date posted 10 January 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This high profile state owned enterprise is undergoing a programme of change that will work to benefit all New Zealanders.
The Design Lead is responsible for leading the design and development of behavioural change programmes that will lead to a reduction in severe injuries, fatalities and work-related health issues across New Zealand.
- Ensuring the right experience and expertise is available in the design team to design a viable solution to address the identified opportunity
- Evaluation of opportunities for investment under current strategies or action plans to improve customer experience and performance
- Accountable for managing the design team to ensure we meet the approved milestones within budget
- Responsible for aligning the design solutions in line with the customer value propositions to ensure they are acceptable to target customers
- Oversight of the team to ensure the best practice design principals are applied during the design phase
- Make recommendations to design governance group about whether to proceed through each design stage-gate.
- Preparation of opportunity evaluations to ensure the design governance board has sufficient information to prioritise investment for the design work programme.
- Contribute to the development of a business case to enable the designed solution to gain support for implementation.
- Contribute to the business unit’s body of knowledge around best practice design to support continuous improvement across the business unit.
- Experience in health and safety systems design and service integration, and experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience working in complex organisations and an ability to influence and interact with diverse stakeholders at different levels
- Proven delivery skills in translating implementation intent to inform new service designs and contracts
- Proven ability to work closely in teams, particularly in the context of a multi-disciplinary, cross-sector partnership environment
- Able to motivate and co-ordinate people across diverse parts of a complex system
- Familiarity with best practice programme and project and/or service design methodologies
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodology
- Experience of facilitation and workshop design
- High level of analytical skills and ability to evaluate quantitative and qualitative data
- The ability to think globally and use solid judgement, with a superior ability to prioritise complex tasks, make timely decisions and trouble-shoot problems
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
This is an exciting opportunity to work across a government organisation on a project that will have lasting social benefits to New Zealanders.
You will be part of a newly created team working with passionate managers, in which you can utilise your design and leadership skills in a complex environment. You will have the opportunity to work with high level stakeholders and take ownership of your work.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Hamilton on 04 471 9737.