Location Wellington Central
Consultant Rose Guise
Date posted 13 June 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a dynamic team for Phase 2 of this unique currency project on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Overview of the company
We’re seeking an experienced Project Manager to come in and lead an exciting new project focused on the future state of currency. This is a cross-sector programme of work, calling for someone who isn’t scared of the unknown and who can be resilient when required. Someone who will bring their initiative, positive outlook and collaborative nature to shape this role. You’ll be working within a supportive team, and be tasked with assisting the business to deliver key outcomes.
You will be driving Phase 2 of the project and providing the required liaison, documentation and everyday management of the work, while ensuring that all project requirements and services are risk-managed, budgeted effectively and delivered within the time constraints.
About the role
You will be the sole Project Manager, working to a Business Manager as well as key senior stakeholders. This role will see you providing management, co-ordination and facilitation of defined stages within Phase 2 of the project. Ideally you will have experience working in Prince2 environments and be comfortable successfully delivering Waterfall projects, from initiation through to completion.
• Manage the project in terms of requirements aligning with scope, time and budget.
• Work with the business team members to develop project scopes and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders to realise the Business Case.
• Developing and maintaining detailed project plans, tracking and reporting regularly on progress.
• Manage the programme/project on day-to-day basis to deliver the required outputs within the constraints agreed onto.
• Determine and take corrective action to manage project risks, escalating issues as required.
• As well as driving project direction, managing the execution of deliverables.
• Highly organised approach to work ensuring delivery on time.
• Ability to engage others, encourage innovation and make informative decisions
• Provide stakeholder management and communicate effectively
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to break down complex requirements into detailed, discrete items.
• Experience in:
o managing projects.
o managing project scope and scope change requests.
o resource and capacity planning.
o maintain project plans and goals.
o tracking and reporting progress to plan.
o determining and taking corrective action to manage project risks.
This is a great opportunity for someone to bring their enthusiasm and innovation to a cross-sector programme where they can own and drive the Phase 2 project.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rose Guise on 04 471 9712.