Salary Competitive Rate
Consultant Sacha Philp
Date posted 21 December 2018 2018-12-212019-01-20 it Auckland NZ NZD 900 1000 1000 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Exciting contract role for this Project Manager involved in scoping, delivery and management of projects centered around business transformation.
About the role:
As a Project Manager (PM) you will provide leadership and direction to the project team by being involved in decision- making especially when things need to be challenged and making sure projects in place are thoroughly planned and coordinated throughout its lifecycle. This PM role will be working in a larger enterprise change programme which is highly complex and very exciting.
Whilst this is not a super technical role, there are tech workstreams involved and an understanding of tech would be helpful. Mostly, it’s a business change skill set and any experience you may have with compliance and risk within financial services will be a bonus.
- Management of a project team, including delegation and allocation of portfolio projects and tasks.
- Management of virtual teams and other contributors and working groups.
- Mentoring, supporting and regularly engaging key project resources to enhance capability and in particular mentoring of business analysts and internal resources seconded to the project
- Influencing key stakeholders inside/outside the team including senior managers and executive members.
- Proactive management of changes in project scope, time and budget including invoking the Change Control procedure as appropriate.
- 5+ years’ proven experience as a Senior Project Manager in a business change / transformation environment (financial services is a must)
- In depth understanding of project & change delivery frameworks and systems development life cycle
- Extensive experience of business case development especially as it relates to cost benefit analysis
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and improving project delivery frameworks taking into account relevant new methodologies
- High level of understanding with regards to project and portfolio governance. Including an ability to present and report on complex information in a simple manner
- Effective and confident communication skills including the ability to develop strong relationships and inspire trust amongst colleagues and able to facilitate resolution of conflicting stakeholder requirements and complex decision making environments
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, motivate and broker consensus in order to achieve buy in
- Strong customer empathy and the ability to translate this into effective strategies
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sacha Philp on 09 374 7309.