Senior Project Manager
Salary Competitive Rate
Consultant Sacha Philp
Date posted 12 February 2019 2019-02-122019-03-14 it Auckland NZ NZD 900 1000 1000 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Exciting new contract role for a Senior Project Manager involved in delivery of projects centred around a technology implementation and business operations transformation.
About the role:
As a Senior Project Manager you will provide leadership and direction to the project team by being involved in decision-making, especially when things need to be challenged and making sure projects in place are thoroughly planned and coordinated throughout its lifecycle. This is not a purely technical role although it does involve a technical implementation. It’s also a business change skill set that is desired and any experience you have around NZ regulatory delivery within financial services will be a bonus.
- Management of project team, including delegation and allocation of portfolio projects and tasks.
- Management of virtual teams and other contributors and working groups.
- Mentoring, supporting and regularly engaging key project resources to enhance capability and in particular mentoring of business analysts and internal resources seconded to the project.
- Influencing key stakeholders inside/outside the team including senior managers and executive members.
- Proactive management of changes in project scope, time and budget including invoking the Change Control procedure as appropriate.
- 5+ years’ proven experience as a Senior Project Manager in a business transformation environment
- In depth understanding of project delivery frameworks and systems development life cycle
- Extensive experience of business case development especially as it relates to cost benefit analysis
- Extensive experience developing, maintaining and improving project delivery frameworks taking into account relevant new methodologies
- High level of understanding with regards to project and portfolio governance. Including an ability to present and report on complex information in a simple manner
- Effective and confident communication skills including the ability to develop strong relationships and inspire trust amongst colleagues and able to facilitate resolution of conflicting stakeholder requirements and complex decision making environments
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, motivate and broker consensus in order to achieve buy in
- Strong customer empathy and the ability to translate this into effective strategies
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sacha Philp on 09 374 7309.