Senior Project Manager
Salary Central location
Consultant Charlotte Holmes
Date posted 29 April 20192019-04-29 2019-06-28 it Wellington Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 114000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
As the Senior Project Manager you will manage the implementation of a high-profile regulatory project, along-side an established team. The position is fixed term for a period of 12 months to cover parental leave. You will join a high-performing team of eight people; a mixture of business, project, and vendor resources. The vendor is co-located and the project is on track for the go-live of April 2020.
- Effective management and delivery of projects within agreed timeframes, budget and quality measures.
- Deliver expected results and implement high-quality management systems.
- Provide advice and guidance for your team and mentor more junior resources.
- Support the core IT Function as a team of specialist subject matter experts.
- Maintain key relationships with business stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Recognize when to escalate risks and issues.
- Have the flexibility to adapt and develop as the environment evolves. The responsibilities are expected to change over time as response to changing needs.
- 10+ years' experience in Project Delivery roles
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Project Management experience and exposure to a large variety of projects, technologies and frameworks.
- Strong leadership skills and very strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex technical requirements with clarity and professionalism.
- Passion to harness technology solutions for maximum impact.
- An energetic and adaptable approach, with a desire to develop.
- Highly organised approach to work ensuring delivery on time.
- Previous experience in central Government and with vendor management
- Experience with implementing SaaS products for large-scale applications and of working with partner agencies to achieve legislated outcomes desired.
- The right to work in NZ.
This is an exciting fixed term opportunity to be at the very front of Government thinking, breaking new ground and disrupting the norm.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.