Senior Project Manager
Consultant Charlotte Holmes
Date posted 29 April 20192019-05-07 2019-06-28 it Napier/ Hawkes Bay Hawkes Bay NZ NZD 110000 150000 150000 YEAR New Zealand Transport Agency New Zealand Transport Agency
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The purpose of the Senior Project Manager role is to manage the execution of roading projects from investigation through to construction, ensuring all assigned projects contribute to the Transport Agency's business goal of delivering great journeys to keep New Zealand moving.
The role will require the Project Manager to execute delivery using project management tools and techniques. A good understanding of the business case process is essential.
- Manage the complete project lifecycle for multiple projects with respect to planning, coordination and project management support
- Provide support and coach team members in project management
- Actively and regularly engage with stakeholders
- Provide regular reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Guide and provide advice to team members on workflows, procedures and processes
- Strong experience in project management, including programme, financial and risk management
- Proven experience of building relationships, chairing issue meetings and negotiating solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of interpreting and communicating complex contractual issues
- Proven experience in managing consultants and contractors
- The ability to work with teams to analyse problems and develop smart, customer-focused solutions
- Proven experience in effectively engaging with internal and external stakeholders, including Iwi
- Experience in transport system design and / or construction works would be beneficial
This role allows you to work on exciting projects shaping New Zealand’s infrastructure.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.