Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Fraser Souter
Date posted 9 February 2017
Join a great team that supports a host of top clients. As a Desktop Engineer you will be expected to hit the ground running.
A growing organisation is seeking an innovative and driven Desktop Support Contractor to further strengthen their dynamic CBD based team.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in Microsoft Server, Help Desk Support, Network Technical Support, Problem and Root Cause analysis.
- Provide level 2 support and escalate logged issues when necessary
- Have a strong understanding of the Microsoft suite
- Perform backups and general monitoring / maintenance of systems
- Build and manage relationships with vendors and employees
- Excellent communication skills with a customer focus are a must
- Be ready to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Exchange Server management and troubleshooting
- VMware - ESXi 5.0 to 5.5 management
- IBM SAN management
- Cloud - Azure and Ravera management, hybrid cloud solution and user access management (DirSycn, AAD Sync)
- Printing Server troubleshooting
- Active Directory / User Profiles troubleshooting
- Microsoft Remote Desktop service management and troubleshooting
- File Server setup, permission management and troubleshooting
- Backup/Tape Library diagnostic
- Network - LAN troubleshooting Wireless, WAN diagnostic
- Problem and root cause analysis skill
In this role you’ll be a part of a great culture that prides itself on working hard and having fun. The initial contract will be 3 months but there is flexibility to extend depending on the quality of output.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Fraser Souter on 09 374 7310.