DevOps Engineer Coach
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-25 2019-07-24 it Oceania > New Zealand > North Island > Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 120 140 140 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity to work in a well-known financial industry leader as a Senior DevOps Engineer to coach and mentor in their evolving DevOps environment
Seeking an DevOps Engineer Coach to work with a leading financial industry in cross-functional teams within an Agile environment.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for developing, testing, and implementing continuous release software solutions within project and support/maintenance capacities.
You will be innovative, self-starting and working with the team and getting them to understand the ‘why’ of what they are doing, so understanding the Devops practices.
Are you at the absolute edge of capability within the Azure DevOps work space? Do you feel comfortable taking a leadership role in this area of expertise? Are you thinking about taking the plunge into a whole new challenge? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? This could be just what you are looking for!
About the role:
You will be responsible for developing, testing, and implementing continuous release software solutions within project and support/maintenance capacities. As a senior member in a cross-functional team, you’ll be expected to provide mentoring and leadership to other team members. You will also be looked to for leadership in the Azure Devops space.
- Designing, coding, testing, and documenting large programs and modifications
- Learning, trialling, developing and then training in a new framework
- Assessing, analysing, and implementing change based on requests
- Maintaining application support processes and investigating/monitoring issues
- Release and deployment activities (i.e. logging results, documenting technical activity undertaken)
- Working in an Agile environment utilising SCRUM/KANBAN
Key Technical Capabilities:
- DevOps Engineer with Azure and VSTS/Azure DevOps expertise
- Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Azure – understanding of managing resources, monitoring, security
- TFS (Azure DevOps Server) Management (VSTS)
- Test Automation – Selenium
- Strong Scripting skills with PowerShell and C#
- Significant experience in Full Stack development environments
- Solid knowledge across Networking, Database, User Interface and API
- Experience in continuous development release
Preferred Technical Experience:
- Strong practical skills creating CI / CD pipelines with exposure to Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Dynamics 365 / CRM - capabilities
*Contract or Permanent with amazing benefits
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.