Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Maia Alexandra
Date posted 21 May 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to experience a bit of everything. The perfect next step in your career if you’re a Senior PHP Developer who needs something new to challenge them. Manage the team, take control of the projects, coordinate resources, and take the lead in regard to technical direction.
Overview of the company
An award-winning digital agency needs a creative and technically-minded person to join their team as a Technical Lead. Take the development team to new heights, and be part of their growth this year. Ensure the team’s development standards and architectural direction is set.
About the role:
The Technical Lead provides technical leadership for the software development team, and manages the delivery of solutions. This role interacts closely with developers, creatives, and Project Managers, and reports to the Technical Director. Collaborate with the team in guiding and assisting the conceptualisation, design, build and delivery of the projects into market. Manage the resources of each project. Take control of the management of internal processes. This role gives you the opportunity to travel to another large city in NZ.
- Working collaboratively within the team to deliver solutions in a project environment.
- Be accountable for delivery on a day to day basis.
- Identify, manage and communicate team delivery progress including velocity, dependencies and risks and issues.
- Mentor development team members and continue shaping the team.
- Provide performance feedback into performance summary processes.
- Manage the resourcing of each project.
- Ensure processes in place are assisting the team in delivering solutions, and take control of continuously improving internal processes.
- Extensive experience as a Developer with demonstrable and current PHP experience
- Proven experience as Technical Lead with direct management responsibility
- Application and Solution Design skills and practical experience designing technical solutions
- Basic project management skills sufficient to run a small/medium sized project
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Career opportunities / selling points
Auckland CBD + people management responsibility + travel within NZ
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Maia Alexandra on 09 374 7346.