Senior Java Developer
Salary $110,000 - $125,000 per annum + Competitive rate
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 3 September 2018 2018-09-032018-11-02 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An excellent opportunity to join an established and supportive team as their Senior Java Developer. Be a part of a collaborative team with excellent work culture.
Overview of the company
A systems development team that design, develop and maintain a wide range of science oriented databases and online systems including NZ nationally significant databases, environmental information systems, web services and user interfaces.
About the role:
This Senior Java Developer role includes the lead architectural responsibility for this clients data product generation and dissemination application brining large amounts of scientific data to the public. It includes the full SDLC on various other systems including high-level architectural design, development, coding, test and deployment.
• Lead architectural responsibility.
• Undertake high-level software architecture design tasks in systems development projects.
• Provide technical quality assurance review and coaching of other developers on the team.
• Play a leading technical role in the definition and application of appropriate software development standards that cover all aspects of SDLC.
• Senior commercial experience in software architecture, development and leadership of software development projects in a team environment.
• Excellent Java development and architecting skills particularly how to build secure, scalable, robust applications and integrations.
• Excellent technical writing skills and experience with large data processing and manipulation.
• Development experience with a range of development tools used by ITSD including Java and related standards and frameworks.
Career opportunities / selling points
• Senior Java Developer role
• Permanent position
• Car park
• Excellent team and work culture
• Paid leave for your birthday
• Paid leave for personal and professional development
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.