Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-11-04 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An excellent opportunity to join an established and supportive team as their next Java Developer.
Overview of the company
A systems development team that design, develop and maintain a wide range of science oriented databases and online systems including NZ nationally significant databases, environmental information systems, web services and user interfaces.
About the role:
This role is centred around development team design, develop and maintain a wide range of science oriented databases and online systems including NZ nationally significant databases, environmental information systems, web services and user interfaces.
- Responsibile for data product generation and dissemination application bringing large amounts of scientific data to the public.
- Software engineering on internal systems, including design, development, coding, test and deployment.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of a coherent architecture for the internal information systems, and help to ensure that systems developed fit within this architecture.
- Contribute to the definition and application of appropriate software development standards that cover all aspects of the SDLC.
- Excellent Java development and design skills, particularly how to build secure, scalable robust applications and integrations.
- Experience with formal SDLC methods (including testing and documentation), and relational databases (including SQL).
- Ability to design, develop, test, document, and support modern software systems and knowledge of SOAP and Rest standards.
- Permanent position
- Car park
- Excellent team and work culture
- Paid leave for your birthday
- Paid leave for personal and professional development
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.