Senior Java Developer
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Alyss Neville
Date posted 5 October 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
As a Senior Java Developer, you will learn, trial and develop new technologies in an Agile framework
A large environment, with multiple in-house applications and a variety of Agile digital projects, our client is looking talented Senior Full Stack Java Developers.
About the role
We're looking for x3 Senior Java Consultants who have a can-do attitude. If you are open to moving into new technologies as well as taking a leadership role, this would be a great opportunity for you. Your willingness to be courageous and take on technologies and projects that may be a stretch for you will be a key to your success in this team.
You will be a part of a cross functional team filled with Developers, iOS Developers, Android Developers and Scrum Masters. You will essentially become an SME on new technologies and your leadership skills will help you to train others.
In this role you will be developing, testing and implementing software solutions in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Developing, testing and implementing software solutions in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Taking the lead on trialling then introducing new technologies and frameworks
- Contributing to the effective management of an effective release and deployment schedule
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior members of the team
- Learning, trailing and developing then training in a new framework
- Solid knowledge across networking, databases, User Interfaces and APIs
- Experience in continuous build, deployment and releases
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines
Experience with some of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Backbase, ForgeRock, Finacle
- Angular, Apache Camel
- Integration technologies
- A background in Agile development environments
- Experience with integrating with 3rd party APIs
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Alyss Neville on 04 471 9721.