Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Salary $130,000 - $140,000 per annum + Competitive Salary
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-16 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An excellent opportunity to join a renowned New Zealand company as their Senior Dev Ops Engineer on a permanent basis in Auckland. You will be passionate about working in a rapid, iterative agile environment and will develop and maintain an automation solution that is fit for purpose, efficient, scalable and maintainable.
Overview of the company
Renowned and trusted New Zealand based company embarking on a significant technology transformation to enable its strategy of becoming a digital disrupter.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a significant technology transformation that will enable strategy around digital disruption. This undertaking involves replacing a number of core systems, some of which will be moved to cloud providers.
Create, maintain and lead the automation strategy and development of build, release and reporting tools to complete the company’s journey towards a full DevOps engineering capability.
- Ensure DevOps tooling and pipeline framework is fit for purpose, efficient, scalable and maintainable and is applicable to CI/CD strategy.
- Define best practices for CI/CD across full Lifecycle & work closely with multiple teams to collect and report on CI/CD metrics.
- Assess market tool sets (ideally open source that will best suit technologies within existing CI/D strategy).
- Automate software maintenance of application like Jenkins, Sonarqube etc.
- 8 years + experience across application development with AT LEAST 5 years’ experience as a DevOps engineer & 5 years’ + experience of implementing DevOps tools using scripting languages
- Experience integrating Jenkins and Docker for automated deployment and other containerisation solutions and container hosting solutions such as Kubernetes.
- Experience operating a DevOps capability in the cloud (Azure).
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and renowned company undergoing a significant technology transformation.
Be a part of change, have ownership and autonomy in your work.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.